[WBEL-users] Re: Two (hopefully) quick new install Q's

Denis Croombs denis@just-servers.co.uk
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 19:02:00 -0000

>> Yes I have already checked on both systems that is is running, on 1
>>system  you can login but cannot PUT any file, It just times out on the
>>client, but  can see NO errors in any of the logs, and that is the
>>thing that is  confusing me.
>> I have been checking the config file, but would welcome a working file
>>from  someone.
>
>What ftp client are you using? Is it possible the client is somehow at
fault?
>Maybe it isn't really doint a secure connection?

>Dale
Thanks for that, that explains everything. The ftp client is NOT a secure
one and I cannot change that, I was not aware that vsftpd is a secure only
FTP server, I will have to find a NON secure server that I can install.

Thanks again

Denis

---