[WBEL-users] Re: Two (hopefully) quick new install Q's

Luke Scharf lscharf@aoe.vt.edu
Tue, 04 Jan 2005 09:45:32 -0500

On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 14:02, Denis Croombs wrote:
> Thanks for that, that explains everything. The ftp client is NOT a secure
> one and I cannot change that, I was not aware that vsftpd is a secure only
> FTP server, I will have to find a NON secure server that I can install.

The vsftp daemon can certainly serve regular FTP.  I built my system
with SFTP server being sshd, and vsftpd being "a better FTP server".

-Luke

--
Luke Scharf, Systems Administrator
Virginia Tech Aerospace and Ocean Engineering