[WBEL-users] Product Comparison statements for rebuttal

csieh csieh@fnal.gov
Wed, 05 Jan 2005 21:54:07 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Matthew Hodgett wrote:

> Wow, isn't that the greatness of linux. A real comfort to know that
> having chosen a RHEL product that there will always be someone out there
> to turn to, even if a simple switch in alliance with yum is required.
>
> And once again it looks like individual desire vs a collaborative
> effort. One point to note is the difference in 64bit support. I'm also
> not 100% sure that SciLin provides updates in a very responsive manner
> from what they indicate, but that could be reading into it wrong. It
> also does stray ever so slightly from the standard RHEL feature set.

Scientific Linux has provided updates within the same day as Centos.  The
reason for the "indicated times" is that they cannot guarantee a time
frame.

The stray allows for you to create your RHEL release out of Scientific
Linux.   This allows you to make your own release quite easily.

-Connie Sieh