[WBEL-users] rsync capable mirrors

Jake Grimmett jake.grimmett@nimr.mrc.ac.uk
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 10:30:33 +0000

Dear All,

As I have ~30 machines running WB, I use a local mirror for up2date, and was
rsync'ing this daily to the ncsu site. With ncsu gone (again, many thanks for
their generous bandwidth) I have switched to ESAT, which thankfully is also
rsync friendly, just use a couple of lines like this in your crontab:

(one line)
rsync -Pvptrl --exclude='*SRPMS' --delete
rsync://ftp.esat.net/mirrors/whiteboxlinux.org/3.0/en/os/ /mylocal
mirrorpath/whitebox_mirror/3.0/en/os/

(and one other line)
rsync -Pvptrl  --exclude=SRPMS --delete
rsync://ftp.esat.net/mirrors/whiteboxlinux.org/3.0/en/updates/ /mylocal
mirrorpath/whitebox_mirror/3.0/en/updates/

take care

Jake
--
Dr J. Grimmett