[WBEL-users] WBEL on a Dell Poweredge 4400

Cameron Showalter cameron@gwschool.com
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:18:54 -0800

--------------070608060902000303040102

I'm looking at support.dell.com and I do see AMI PERC2/DC scsi raid
drivers for RHEL3.

American Megatrends (AMI) PERC2/DC, v.1.06, A04
<http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&SystemID=PWE_PNT_XEO_4400&os=LE30&osl=en&deviceid=1378&devlib=35&category=35&releaseid=R37452>
Release Date:  04/15/2004
diskette for Dell
PERC 2/DC controller.

Richard Humphrey wrote:

>Unfortunately there are no drivers for the  PERC2/DC card on their
>site that I can find. I am beginning to wonder if something else is
>wrong. If I can create partitions  and format them etc, wouldnt the
>linux installed driver be working?  I just get failures when
>installing packages.. I see others that are having no trouble with
>this card, so it makes me wonder if it could be something else.
>

>On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:25:18 -0500, Mace.Scott@tatravelcenters.com
><Mace.Scott@tatravelcenters.com> wrote:
>

>>Go to the Dell support site and download the zip file for the driver.  Make
>>sure you choose RHES3 as your OS.  When you unzip it, (at least that was the
>>case for my 2650) you will find a file with the .img extension.  That is a
>>floppy image for the driver disk.  That .img file may be on the cd, but I'd
>>just get the latest from Dell.  When you get that image on a floppy, start
>>your install with the command "linux dd" You will get prompted for the disk
>>when it needs it.
>>To get the image on a floppy, you can use dd on a linux box:  dd
>>if=<filename>.img of=/dev/fd0
>>
>> =========================
>> Scott Mace
>> Security Administrator
>> Travelcenters of America
>> 440-808-4318
>> mace.scott@tatravelcenters.com
>> =========================
>>

>> Richard Humphrey <rlhumphrey@gmail.com>
>>Sent by: whitebox-users-admin@beau.org
>>
>>01/12/2005 09:37 AM
>>
>>Please respond to
>> Richard Humphrey <rlhumphrey@gmail.com>
>>

>>To whitebox-users@beau.org
>>
>>cc
>>
>>Subject Re: [WBEL-users] WBEL on a Dell Poweredge 4400
>>

>>I am still having problems getting WBEL installed on this machine.
>> Here is osme more info. This server has a PERC2/DC raid card in it
>> (AMI, not LSI) I believe. I have updated the BIOS and the RAID
>> firmware to the latest from DELL. I have seen several articles talking
>> about getting the megaraid2 driver from the cdrom, but dont see how to
>> do this. Also I cant seem to find the driver elsewhere.   A pointer
>> int he right direction would be most helpful as I need to put this
>> machine back into service (It formerlay had Windows 2000 server on it)
>> running WBEL.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 21:59:16 -0600, Richard Humphrey
>> <rlhumphrey@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > I will try out the Megaraid2 driver. I thought I was using valid
>> > media, but I am going to redownload and burn again and scan to make
>> > sure it's all good.
>> >
>> > Thanks for the tip/

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
I'm looking at support.dell.com and I do see AMI PERC2/DC scsi raid
drivers for RHEL3.<br>
<a
 href="http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?c=us&amp;cs=04&amp;l=en&amp;s=bsd&amp;SystemID=PWE_PNT_XEO_4400&amp;os=LE30&amp;osl=en&amp;deviceid=1378&amp;devlib=35&amp;category=35&amp;releaseid=R37452"
 class="lnk">American Megatrends (AMI) PERC2/DC, v.1.06, A04</a><br>
creates a bootable firmware update diskette for Dell <br>
PERC 2/DC controller. <br>
  <pre wrap="">Unfortunately there are no drivers for the  PERC2/DC card on their

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:25:18 -0500, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:Mace.Scott@tatravelcenters.com">Mace.Scott@tatravelcenters.com</a>
Go to the Dell support site and download the zip file for the driver.  Make
sure you choose RHES3 as your OS.  When you unzip it, (at least that was the
case for my 2650) you will find a file with the .img extension.  That is a
floppy image for the driver disk.  That .img file may be on the cd, but I'd
just get the latest from Dell.  When you get that image on a floppy, start
your install with the command "linux dd" You will get prompted for the disk
when it needs it.
To get the image on a floppy, you can use dd on a linux box:  dd
if=&lt;filename&gt;.img of=/dev/fd0

 =========================
 Scott Mace
 Security Administrator