[WBEL-users] USB MP3 Player Questions

Daniel J. Summers danieljs@knology.net
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 19:22:14 -0600

Good evening.

I've been given a new Memorex Biomorph MP3 player.  From reading the
docs on it, it appears to be another "USB removable drive", similar to
the pen drives and thumb drives that have become so popular here
lately.  I've looked around, and the HOW-TOs I'm finding either involve
recompiling the kernel, or doing some things that I don't quite understand.

My questions are these...
 - Does the stock WBEL kernel have USB support enabled?
 - I've figured out that the OS interprets the USB device as a SCSI
drive.  When it's plugged in and turned on, is there a process that
figures out there's something new, and attaches it?  Do I need to do
something like modprobe to get it to work?

If anyone could point me in the direction of these sorts of answers, I
would be very appreciative.  :)

--
*Daniel J. Summers*
E-mail - 	danieljs@knology.net <mailto:danieljs@knology.net>

GEEKCODE 3.12 GCS/IT d s-:+ a C++ L++ E--- W++ N++ o? K- w !O M--
V PS+ PE++ Y? !PGP t+ 5? X+ R* tv b+ DI++ D+ G- e h---- r+++ y++++