[WBEL-users] USB MP3 Player Questions

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 21:16:00 -0600

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 19:22, Daniel J. Summers wrote:
> Good evening.
>
> I've been given a new Memorex Biomorph MP3 player.  From reading the
> docs on it, it appears to be another "USB removable drive", similar to
> My questions are these...
>  - Does the stock WBEL kernel have USB support enabled?

I haven't had any problems with various USB devices.  I have had success
with my digital camera direct and putting the flash cards into a Lexar
USB2 reader.  Also have a USB memory stick that works.

Make sure the right lines are in modules.conf, I have:
alias usb-controller usb-uhci
alias usb-controller1 ehci-hcd

And in the case of the flash reader I had to add this:
options scsi_mod max_luns=7

otherwise it only saw one of the three slots.  The default is 1 lun
because some devices will barf if you probe beyond lun0 so beware if you
have any actual SCSI devices on the system.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!