[WBEL-users] Whitebox Respin Repository

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:22:46 -0600

On Sat, 2005-01-15 at 16:46, Michael Lang wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> When we started there was Whitebox 3 (without Respin) and now the
> current Release is Respin 1. Now theres a difference on the Repositorys
> as booting with a Respin CD and trying to use a 'normal' Whitebox
> Install Repository ends up in anaconda Problem telling that the
> Repository doesnt match the install Source.

I didn't replace the files in the /os tree because then anyone
installing from a set of original media would be in trouble.  Over the
probable five year run of WBEL3 there will likely be 8-9 respins
multiplied by two arches.  If I were to keep each unpacked in a seperate
tree the storage demands on the mirrors would be huge.  Anyone
installing via net is likely to be doing so from a local server so they
are expected to be able to unpack the version they are currently
installing from.  One clever method would be keep a local rsync mirror
and use then loopback mounts of the .iso images to create the unpacked
tree somewhere.