[WBEL-users] Whitebox Respin Repository

Kirby C. Bohling kbohling@birddog.com
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 11:08:08 -0600

Michael,

	I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are saying, so I'll
instead tell you what I have done that does in fact work:

On our repository we have a filesystem with these two directories:

/mirrors/whitebox/3.0
/mirrors/whitebox/3.0-respin1

/mirrors/whitebox/3.0-respin1 is nothing more then a copy of each
ISO image from the respin, copied using a command like this:

( cd /mnt/cdrom ; tar cf - ) | ( cd /mirrors/whitebox/3.0-respin1/en/os/i386/ ; tar xpvf - )

Now, in your kickstart (I use HTTP), I can use "-respin1" as my
source, assuming that the ISO I am booting from is the first disk,
or the ISO image from images/boot.iso from the first CD (that is a
3.1MB iso image that you can use).  If you use an ISO from the
original release, or the boot.iso from the original release, you
can't use the -respin1 directory tree as your install image.

I maintain both copies (I really should hardlink the two, but I'm
fairly lazey).  Alternatively, if you need to save space, I believe
you can structure them with "Disk1", "Disk2", and "Disk3" after the
i386 dir and mount loopback the ISO images.  However, I can't swear
to that, as I've never done it with Whitebox.

	Thanks,
		Kirby