[WBEL-users] File deletion

Francies Moore liz@indract.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jan 19 22:42:42 CST 2005

Hi everyone

I have to somehow or other clean out a filesystem in order to start
again for this year.

These folders are a main folder for a Branch Office, with nested
subfolders for various safety test certificates that have to be scanned
and stored.  There are about 500 of the main Branch Office folders!

What I need to do is to remove the files but leave the directories intact.

Is it possible to use a script to do this?  If so, how?  I realise rm
-rf removes subdirectories as well as files!

The files are kept on a Windows box but I have copied them over to one
of my WBEL servers because I could not imagine any way of doing this in
Windows.

I realise this is not a WBEL issue as such but any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks.

Francies