[WBEL-users] newbie - kernel and other upgrades questions

William Hooper whooperhsd2@earthlink.net
Wed Jan 19 21:58:31 CST 2005

Alon said:
> Well.. I'm half way through the solution:
>

> The yum option didn't do the trick.

That should work.  Could you give us the output?

> I went ahead and googled as suggested

That has got to be the worst way to find package I know of.  Especially if
they are included in the distro.
[snip]
> If the latest is 2.4.21-27.0.1.EL.i686 then How do I upgrade my kernel?
> I ran yum update and it prompts me that there are no updates available:
>
> yum update
> Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
> Server: White Box Enterprise Linux 3.0 - i386 - Base
> Server: White Box Enterprise Linux 3.0 - i386 - Released Updates
> Finding updated packages
> Downloading needed headers
> No Packages Available for Update
> No actions to take

This leads me to believe that your yum might be misconfigured.  Could you
please post your yum.conf?

--
William Hooper