[WBEL-users] Squid recompile

Kyle Gasho kyle@lmhealthcare.com
Thu Jan 20 16:20:51 CST 2005

This will be the first time I've had to work with the .src.rpm. If I
could get an example I'd really appreciate it.

Thank-you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Karanbir Singh [mailto:Mail-Lists@karan.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 6:07 AM
To: Kyle Gasho; whitebox-users@beau.org
Subject: Re: [WBEL-users] Squid recompile

Kyle Gasho wrote:

> I need to recompile squid to allow underscores in URLS.
>
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-11.html
>
> See 11.9

Underscores are not allowed in Domain Names anyway, so I am not sure why

you would want to enable them.( I read and agree with what is said about

rfc 1033 )

> Squid comes with White Box what steps or process do I need to do so I
> can recompile, and add the missing option ". /configure
> --enable-underscores"

If you do want to rebuild on EL3, get the .src.rpm (
http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/mirror.physics.ncsu.edu/whitebox/3.0/
en/updates/SRPMS/squid-2.5.STABLE3-6.3E.2.src.rpm
seems to be the latest one)

unpack the src.rpm, look at the SPEC file, add the configure options
there and build from that.

I am not near a EL3 machine at the moment, so cant really give more
specific instructions as to exactly what to change and where.If you have

any experience building packages, it should be trivial.

--
Karanbir Singh   : http://www.karan.org/
GnuPG Public Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc

This document and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This communication may contain material
protected by the attorney-client privilege or other privileges or protections from discovery, such
as the physician-patient privilege, or a peer review privilege, such as California Evidence Code
Section 1157. If you are not the intended recipient or the individual responsible for delivering
the document to the intended recipient, please be advised that you have received this document in
error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this document is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this document in error, please notify the sender immediately, and
destroy all copies of the document.