[WBEL-users] newbie - kernel and other upgrades questions

Alon js at wsco.com
Fri Jan 21 20:34:47 CST 2005

Hi William,

thanks for the insight about the mirorr sites :)
I also had an exclude line that had kernel* in it, and obviously it didn't
update the kernel.

With that out of the way, I have few more questions:

1. going back to lm_sensors or any other sensor option,. how would I be able
to get any temp info, fan RPM etc?
 I have :

rpm -q kernel-unsupported
kernel-unsupported-2.4.21-27.0.1.EL

So,. I'm current with the kernel and the kernel unsupported module.
My question then is, how to obtain the reading of heat etc.

I tried the following:
 modprobe i2c-proc
modprobe: Can't locate module i2c-proc

2. MySql - currently I have

mysql --version
mysql  Ver 12.22 Distrib 4.0.17, for pc-linux (i686)

How do I upgrade it using yum to 4.0.23 which is current production version?

3. Do you have the Lottery winning numbers?
    I just figrued I'll throw that in :))

- Alon
js at wsco.com