[WBEL-users] Here's an Idiot Questoin about KDE Desktop Sharing

bishop bishop at platypus.bc.ca
Sat Jan 22 01:01:49 CST 2005

Hey Folks,

First off, I've a dirty secret:  I don't use WB for a desktop.  It gets
worse, but I'll leave it at that.  It has to do with a dark Diablo
addiction.

But She installed the Respin 1 kit, and generally speaking it was an
okay process.  I notice that up2date - when I finally got that going for
her instead of relying on some apt kludge like I use - hated the same
package dependencies that Apt hated, so I'm wondering what y'all are
using on stock WB30.1 boxen to make them update happily with no added bits.

Anyway, this was supposed to be a question about KDE Desktop Sharin, so
here we are.  When I set up FC1 for a Myth Box, it had some kinda dtop
sharing.  I read that such a fine Support tool is available on any KDE
3.1.0 or higher;  WH30.1 looks to have 3.1.3.

My myth box has been dead a month or 3 now, so I need your help:  How do
I set up KDE Desktop sharing on WB30 respin1 so that it comes up
automatically whenever (kde automatically make it so) she logs in?

kdenetwork is installed.

Has someone reported the fact that about a dozen updates are failing to
install because of an unresolved dep issue?  I haven't seen the mail fly
by, but I've *got* to not be the first to see it.  My kingdom for a bz
to log all this stuff to, so at least I know they've been written down
somewhere (actually, if it's a BZ, I'll just migrate a whack of tickets
from my own bz).

Thanks for reading, and thanks for any help.

  - bish