[WBEL-users] File deletion

Francies Moore liz at indract.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Jan 22 16:52:32 CST 2005

Hi all,

Thank you for your replies to my request for help!

I finally settled, after testing on backup copies! on the following
(which was also done on a copy):

cd to top level directory of file tree to be "cleaned out".

find . -type f -exec rm -vf {} \;

I added -v so that I could see that it was doing its job.   There were
about two thousand sub-directories to be dealt with (not all were
populated) and it took less than a minute on the Xeon server.  I then
renamed the empty top directory and copied the whole tree back to my
Windows box where I now have a new start to the new year without losing
last year's hard work!

Thanks once again.

Regards

Francies