[WBEL-users] Updates

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Jan 23 20:20:24 CST 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 19:04 -0600, John Morris wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-01-22 at 12:29, Craig White wrote:
> > Still wondering about what would be proper repositories:
> >
> > /etc/yum.conf
> > [base] ### note whitespace removed ###
> > name=White Box Enterprise Linux $releasever - $basearch - Base
> > baseurl=ftp://ftp.esat.net/mirrors/whiteboxlinux.org/$releasever/en/os/$basearch/
> > ftp://ftp.kspei.com/mirrors/whiteboxlinux.org/whitebox/$releasever/en/os/$basearch/
>
> Oh yes I forgot that yum doesn't grab the list each update.  Need to
> make sure respin2 includes an updated list and probably should have a
> cut & paste version on the webpage.
----
yum allows me to use dag repo as well. Seems logical to go to one place
to get software/updates. Also, prefer things newer like dag's
spamassassin. Still struggling with clamav (another thread though)

You cut 2 of the 4 active that I had listed. Is this a current
definitive list? [base] & [updates-released] ?
----

> Once you have those lines up2date will hit whiteboxlinux.org each
> invocation for an updated list of mirrors.  Eventually I hope to have a
> cron script here check every hour or so for mirrors that are up and
> servicing requests.
>
> > Any suggestions? Perhaps an update to whitebox site too for this and
> > rsync
>
> Yes I need to list a couple more rsync sites.  Gotta get time to rework
> the website in several other places too.
----
No hurry, tomorrow will do   ;-)

Thanks

Craig