[WBEL-users] Updates

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Sun Jan 23 19:04:42 CST 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-22 at 12:29, Craig White wrote:
> Still wondering about what would be proper repositories:
>
> /etc/yum.conf
> [base] ### note whitespace removed ###
> name=White Box Enterprise Linux $releasever - $basearch - Base
> baseurl=ftp://ftp.esat.net/mirrors/whiteboxlinux.org/$releasever/en/os/$basearch/
> ftp://ftp.kspei.com/mirrors/whiteboxlinux.org/whitebox/$releasever/en/os/$basearch/

Oh yes I forgot that yum doesn't grab the list each update.  Need to
make sure respin2 includes an updated list and probably should have a
cut & paste version on the webpage.

> **** up2date ****
>
> and /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources
> yum WBEL-3.0 http://whiteboxlinux.org/pub/3.0/en/os/i386
> yum updates-released http://whiteboxlinux.org/pub/3.0/en/updates
> #yum updates-testing http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/testing/fedora-

Up2date on the other hand should have these lines in the sources file:

yum-mirror WBEL3 http://whiteboxlinux.org/up2date-mirrors/wbel3-base
yum-mirror WBEL3-Updates
http://whiteboxlinux.org/up2date-mirrors/wbel3-updates
yum-mirror WBEL3-Extras
http://whiteboxlinux.org/up2date-mirrors/wbel3-extras

(Evolution is forcing line wraps on me, the URLS should be on the line
with yum-mirror)

Once you have those lines up2date will hit whiteboxlinux.org each
invocation for an updated list of mirrors.  Eventually I hope to have a
cron script here check every hour or so for mirrors that are up and
servicing requests.

> Any suggestions? Perhaps an update to whitebox site too for this and
> rsync

Yes I need to list a couple more rsync sites.  Gotta get time to rework
the website in several other places too.