[WBEL-users] Updates

William Hooper whooperhsd2 at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 23 19:25:42 CST 2005

John Morris said:
> On Sat, 2005-01-22 at 12:29, Craig White wrote:
>
>> Still wondering about what would be proper repositories:
>>

>> /etc/yum.conf
>> [base] ### note whitespace removed ###
>> name=White Box Enterprise Linux $releasever - $basearch - Base
>> baseurl=ftp://ftp.esat.net/mirrors/whiteboxlinux.org/$releasever/en/os/
>> $basearch/
>> ftp://ftp.kspei.com/mirrors/whiteboxlinux.org/whitebox/$releasever/en/os
>> /$basearch/
>>

> Oh yes I forgot that yum doesn't grab the list each update.  Need to
> make sure respin2 includes an updated list and probably should have a cut &
> paste version on the webpage.

Another option would be to bump up to yum-2.1.x so that it will.  This
will involve keeping up two sets of data for the repo, though (repodata
and headers), because up2date isn't using the new repodata yet.

A quick look doesn't show any problems with the WBEL version of RPM and
the new yum, but that would need testing.

--
William Hooper