[WBEL-users] Here's an Idiot Question about KDE Desktop Sharing

bishop bishop at platypus.bc.ca
Thu Jan 27 04:42:14 CST 2005

Craig White wrote:

> On Sat, 2005-01-22 at 00:22 -0800, bishop wrote:
>

>>>----
>>>on FC-3
>>># rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/share/apps/krdc
>>>kdenetwork-3.3.1-1
>>
>>[root at fishy /]# rpm -qf /etc/issue ; rpm -q kdenetwork
>>whitebox-release-3.0-6_i386
>>kdenetwork-3.1.3-1.5
>>
>>It's in there.  Like I said, it is installed.  The menu looks a bit
>>different between FC1 and WB, but I'm expecting that, as I - without
>>looking - suspect that FC1, where I saw the DTop sharing, was a newer
>>copy than WBEL, which is RHEL, which is based on RH9.
>>

>>>can't find any instances of kde-network from RHEL or dag's repository
>>>for RHEL
>>>
>>>it's a clue anyway.
>>
>>yep yep.  I can taste it.  Thanks for the idea.
>
> ----
> did you try running krdc from command line? It's possible that it didn't
> get installed in menu but is installed on computer
>
> # which krdc
> /usr/bin/krdc
> You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root
> [root at lin-workstation ~]# krdc &
>
> et viola

Okay, that's a great idea for the hacker crowd.  This thing has to work
every time the wife's automatically logged in, so I can see what she's
talking about when I'm at work and she's at home asking about some OO thing.

No, really, in FC1 it was like a control panel setting.  Myth came up,
the vnc server (the one INSIDE kde;  not the xinetd one that spawned a
peer session) started too.  It is gorgeous when it goes, and it's gotta
be goin' in WB too.

Hey, I'm at least emboldened by the fact that the X experts can't find
it so easy either...

  - bish