[WBEL-users] Webmin/samba Issues

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Jan 30 08:57:12 CST 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-30 at 13:08 +0000, dwayne Smith wrote:
> i have a problem i am using webmin to configure my samba but being a hands
> on i i want ton get my hands dirty by configuring the smb.conf file the real
> issues is i am able to create a domain administrator using webmin but i am
> unable to see where it made changes to the smb.conf file  help please

----
Not sure what you are trying to do - is it modifying
the /etc/samba/smbusers file?

I love webmin - I really do but it fights my organization of the
smb.conf file and I don't use it so I can arrange the smb.conf file into
my own sections of logical grouping and webmin edits will undo my
organization.

I am also wondering if you aren't trying to accomplish something that is
on the cusp of change within samba...

http://samba.org/~jerry/Samba-Rights-HOWTO

which is changes in samba-3.0.11pre2

Craig