[WBEL-users] Updates?

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 23:38:03 CDT 2005

On 7/4/05, Vic <whitebox at beer.org.uk> wrote:
> I've recently (last day or so - didn't pay too much attention) rsync'ed a
> load of new RPMs for updating off my favoured WBEL mirror.

Are you sure that the RPM files that are downloaded are newer than the
ones on your system?

> Unfortunately, I don't seem to have received any new .hdr files, so yum
> update doesn't do anything :-(

I believe that at some point yum stopped using header files, so this
may not be a problem.  I would recommend you

yum info <package>

and compare that to the package in the rpms that you rsynced to see if
there are truly any updates.

Greg