[WBEL-users] db4-java not in current updates

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Thu Jul 7 23:13:09 CDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 19:39, Kirby C. Bohling wrote:
> Curiously, I'm having trouble with the recent round of updates.  I'm
> nearly shocked no one else has mentioned it.  In order to upgrade
> db4, it appears I need db4-java.  However, I can't seem to find it
> on the mirrors, or on whiteboxlinux.org itself.

I mentioned this in an unrelated thread awhile back.  It was the big
holdup getting the U5 package set out.  RH appears to have broke their
stable distribution by switching from using the IBM JDK shipped on their
Extras CD to GCJ/Jpackage.  Can't find a java-1.4.2-gcj that is
buildable with GCC 3.2.  I assume one exists, but didn't find it at
jpackage.org.  Finally had to cut the java support loose and released
the packages this weekend.  As soon as the dependency knot gets sorted
out it will be back.

Moving to GCJ is a wonderful thing, million brownie points for Free
Software purity.  For RHEL4 that is, making such an invasive change in 3
is questionable.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!