[WBEL-users] Whitebox 3 or 4 on Dell PowerEdge SC1425

Jan-Albert van Ree javanree at vanree.net
Thu Jul 14 14:56:03 CDT 2005

On Thursday 14 July 2005 21:03, Joe Aldeguer wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Doing a little bit of research on blade servers. I came across Dell's
> PowerEdge SC1425, according to the online information from Dell it
> supports Red  hat Enterprise Linux 3 or v3. My question is, if we
> purchase this server I'm almost positive we can use White box Linux 3 or
> 4 instead. I just need further validation from you all. Thanks!

If Dell claims it's certified for RHEL 3 you'll be fine with Whitebox 3
which is about as similair as technically and legally possible, I wouldn't
say with 4 for sure as some things have changed, but I'd say it's 99% sure
even 4 would do fine. And 4 does have some advantages (quicker boot, better
MySQL performance)
--
Jan-Albert van Ree  | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/
VanRee IT Solutions | http://www.vanree.net