[WBEL-users] (More Dell stuff) Poweredge 1850?

Vic whitebox at beer.org.uk
Thu Jul 14 15:29:21 CDT 2005

> Shutting down turns shuts down the system fans but not the power supply
> fans... So you are going to be having the "hum" as long as they are
> plugged in.

That wouldn't worry me too much - it's the noise of the whole box going
(these are situated in someone's office at present, and he's none too
happy...)

What's happening is that the box is still up - the "power down" message is
on screen (at the end of the usual shutdown messages), but it doesn't seem
to have gotten around to actually doing it :-(

> FYI: we have the 2850's here with V4.0

Ah - I should have mentioned I'm running V3 (sorry, keep forgetting that).

Vic.