[WBEL-users] OT: WBEL Respin 2 migration to another hard disk

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 10:33:23 CDT 2005

I'd probably boot from a Knoppix or RH/WB rescue CD, partition and
format the new drive as you want it, mount up relevant old and new
data partitions then tar from each old partiton to each new
equivalent. Then re-install grub/lilo.

cd $oldmountpoint; tar czf - . | (cd $newmountpoint; tar xzBpf -)

Will.