[WBEL-users] sendmail has problems after up2date run

Thomas Knoop th.knoop at b-c-s.nl
Sat Jul 16 04:04:51 CDT 2005

Hi,

I have run up2date to get some new packages a couple of days ago.

After that sendmail is behaving very oddly, a bunch of emails get a timeout.

The logwatch reports:

SYSERR(root): collect: I/O error on connection from localhost,
from=<postmaster at Wdomain.dk>: 11 Time(s)
SYSERR(root): collect: I/O error on connection from localhost,
from=<news_letter at domain.com>: 7 Time(s)
SYSERR(root): collect: I/O error on connection from localhost,
from=<emailservice at domain.nl>: 7 Time(s)

the ps command shows:

[cut]
sendmail: ./j6G8CKPo017133 [127.0.0.1]: client DATA status
sendmail: j6G8rfCF021872 localhost [127.0.0.1]: DATA
[cut]

I have also upgraded sendmail to version 8.13.4 by hand (it was not updated
by the up2date command)

As this is my mail production machine you can imagine this is a large
problem for me, and i'm stuck resolving it.

Does someone has any idea?

Best regards,

Thomas.