FW: [WBEL-users] pop3 service

Ing. Manuel León Moreno mleon at sanjuan.co.cu
Thu Jul 21 12:47:26 CDT 2005

Hi.

I also installed cyrus-imap soft of WBEL-4 and had the same problem:
Outloook
asked the pop3 users with a password and when they wrote it (their normal
password), the pop3 (I left the pop3s protocol disabled) server said (all
the times)
"wrong password".

Because e-mail, in my job has a 200% priority (which means that I had
no time for making research to solve the situation), I installed the Red
Hat Linux 7.3 version pop3 service instead of the WBEL-4 cyrus-imapd.
Did some extra work to put it to work and, thanks god, pop3 service has been
working ok since then.

It was, certainly, a defeat but I had no option (the alternative was to
reinstall an
older version of Linux and I not wanted to quit WBEL-4).

I join the request of  gvillaran at pandero.com.pe for any clues.

Leon

  _____