[WBEL-users] WBEL4 and i586

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Sun Jul 31 00:04:08 CDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-30 at 22:33, William Hooper wrote:

> IIRC John has decided to go the "closer to upstream" route with the
> install CDs.  The last message I see (since the archives are down) about
> the subject John comments:

Hmm.  I get them when accessing from here.

http://beau.org/mailman

clicky clicky to

http://beau.org/pipermail/whitebox-users/2005-July/thread.html

I'm currently trying to finish building a new access control system for
our site, could it be nailing some outside access? It does work from my
BellSouth DSL account, just ran elinks by remote to check.

Btw, if my skills turn out to be equal to my ambition, expect a major
new competitor for nocat when I'm done.  No simple captive portal splash
here, I'm plugging into RADIUS and DHCP, our library automation and our
patron workstations, going for a single signon that sets up access and
content filtering by userid/ip across dialups, WiFi links, hard links to
other government agencies and our patron labs.  And yes a tarball will
be posted as soon as it reaches "works for me" status and I can whip up
some rudementary docs.

And for all the uber civil rights types who are repulsed by the idea of
content filtering all I can say is welcome to the real world.  We are a
public library and bound by Federal Law to either do it, cease all
public access or give up a metric boatload of state and federal funds.
And we were doing it years before the Feds poked their nose into it
anyway.  Of course then we only did it to kids if their parents asked
for it which I personally didn't have a problem with.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!