[WBEL-users] (New?) /media directory

Dennis Gilmore dennis at royalpublishing.com
Thu Jun 2 17:56:03 CDT 2005

On Thursday 02 June 2005 05:30 pm, Daniel J. Summers wrote:
> In working through WBEL4 (it's installed, but that page to which I
> alluded earlier is not there yet), I had a heck of a time finding my
> cdrom drive.  /mnt/cdrom wasn't there, /mnt/dvd wasn't there, etc.  I
> finally figured out that its location is now /media/cdrecorder.  Is the
> /media directory a change to the FHS that was incorporated into
> RHEL4/WBEL4?  If so, do you have a link to this updated FHS?  Thanks...
There was a huge discussion on it,  in the fedora-devel list during FC3
development.  yes its part of the latest FHS
http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html  for some more info
--
Regards

Dennis Gilmore  RHCE
Network Manager
Royal Publishing
(309)693-3171 x299
7620 N. Harker Drive
Peoria IL 61615

Fedora Core release Rawhide (Rawhide)
 17:54:06 up 6 days,  3:08,  4 users,  load average: 0.51, 0.64, 0.50