[WBEL-users] WBEL 4 and sendmail replacing exchange

Jan-Albert van Ree javanree at vanree.net
Tue Jun 28 16:44:24 CDT 2005

On Tuesday 28 June 2005 22:38, Erick Perez wrote:

> If I choose sendmail, i will go for the commercial version
>  what authentication database to use:
> ldap via pam, sql via pam, sasl via pam, or plain password/shadow
> does it have ActiveDirectory integration?

Last one will be hard to integrate in a Windows enviroment, ldap is probably
easiest to set up, http://freshmeat.net/projects/sadms/ might help.

>  what other features to include
> anti virus screening? MUST HAVE

ClamAV , no doubt from my PoV. Works perfect and fast and it's database is
updated very regularly.

> anti spam screening? MUST HAVE

SpamAssassin, in combination perhaps with some RBL such as Spamhaus, should
filter out most crap. You can even train it to further increase accuracy.
--
Jan-Albert van Ree  | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/
VanRee IT Solutions | http://www.vanree.net