[WBEL-users] VMWare

Daniel J. Summers daniel at djs-consulting.com
Wed Mar 9 10:15:29 CST 2005

I'm thinking about saving up the money to purchase VMWare, so I can run
the few Windows apps that I can't get working with wine under Linux
without having to reboot.  $189 is pretty pricey for an individual,
though - before I spend that money, I wanted to hear from some
experienced VMWare users.

Does it really support *everything* the way a system usually would?
Would it recognize USB devices that Linux doesn't?  (I'm thinking in
particular about my scanner - although I could probably get a new
scanner for a lot less than $189.  ;>  )  I also would like to run
Fujitsu COBOL (which I have the Windows version) and Paint Shop Pro 5
(an older version, but it does what I need it to, and it's paid for).
IE would be nice, too, just so I can see how my web pages look without
having to VNC to my wife's computer to do it.

I'm also all-ears if you know of another emulator-type product that
works well.  Thanks!

--
*Daniel J. Summers*
E-mail - 	daniel at djs-consulting.com <mailto:daniel at djs-consulting.com>

GEEKCODE 3.12 GCS/IT d s-:+ a C++ L++ E--- W++ N++ o? K- w !O M--
V PS+ PE++ Y? !PGP t+ 5? X+ R* tv b+ DI++ D+ G- e h---- r+++ y++++