[WBEL-users] Re: VMWare

Maartin Barac maartin.barac at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 09:50:24 CST 2005

I have used vmware on Fedora Core 2 & 3 without issues, I have to agree Henry.
You are going to need some memory, my box is a dual PIII 800 with
total 512Mb memory and windows was stable and not THAT slow, it was
compareable to a (single) PIII 800 with 256 running windows native.

I even loaded windows dev programs such as Visual Studio .NET 1.1 (in
the VM) and that also worked fine. But what surprised me the most was
that when I plugged in my USB removeable drive it would register in
the VM as well. I had once or twice that VMWare 'froze' my whole box
and I needed to reset nothing else worked. But then that could have
been something with my FC2 setup, when I moved to FC3 all the problems
went away. I would recommend VMWare.

Cheers,

Maartin..