[WBEL-users] Re: VMWare

Bill Whiting textux at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 10 10:11:01 CST 2005

I've been using VMWare since the beginning of the year and I'm thrilled.
  I was able to convert my dual boot laptop to a Linux boot w/ vmware
sessions for the various windows tasks that my work requires.  I can run
LotusNotes and a windows VPN in vmware while running OpenOffice on the
WhiteBox desktop.  I can run an IBM message broker configuration manager
in the VMWare windows session and manage a Linux based broker on the
host Whitebox session (that won't make much sense unless you work w/ WBI
Message Broker, but trust me; It's cool).

I have been able to get by with 1Gb total Ram, but I can't run two
VMWare sessions simultaneously.  Definitely, the more ram the better the
performance and the more you can do.

//Bill