[WBEL-users] VMWare

Karl-Koenig Koenigsson koenigsson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 18:40:11 CST 2005

Speaking of VMWare: I have tried for a couple of weeks to get WBEL to
run under the latest VMWare. It runs alright, but there is just no
network... :-(

Anybody tried this and got it to work?

I have VMWare Workstation 5.0 installed and on this I did a fresh
install of WBEL. It seems to find the NIC during install but once
booted in the installed WEBEL I'm lost.

I have tried "ifup eth0" to no avail. A "lsmod" shows the pcnet32
driver loaded, "dmesg" confirms this. Nothing in the syslog as far as
I can tell.

The error message I get is

Determining IP information for eth0... link failed; no link present.
Check cable?

All advice gratefully accepted!

Cheers!

  Karl-Koenig Koenigsson