[WBEL-users] VMWare

Jesse j at lumiere.net
Mon Mar 14 20:41:20 CST 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Daniel J. Summers wrote:

> Would I be able to boot that partition without reformatting/reinstalling
> Windows?  I've heard of folks having boot problems if they didn't do XP
> first.  My hobbyist time is limited right now (new child & deploying
> project), so I don't want to mess anything up that might take a long time to
> put back.  ;)

I would avoid trying it. Windows cares a lot about the hardware it's on
and tries to reconfigure, reinstall drivers, etc, if you change it
significantly. In fact, it'll probably require you to reauthenticate with
Microsoft.

If you try to boot the partition straight in VMWare, it would be like
having transplanted the drives to another machine -- typically painful in
Windows land.

---
Jesse <j at lumiere.net>