[WBEL-users] Problem with up2date

Benedikt Carda ml at two-wings.net
Thu Mar 17 17:01:00 CST 2005

Hello,

for me it does not seem like a broken rpm-db but rather that the mirror
up2date chose did not yet have the newest release of the package. At
least this happens to me with yum regularly. Solution, I'd suggest:
1) Use yum for updating (at the command prompt: "yum update")
2) Before prepare the /etc/yum.conf file in order to point to one mirror
where you can be sure that it is up to date. For me the ESAT-mirror is
the best, so I commented out all other mirrors.

Anyway if you want to rebuild your RPM-db, I quote Craig White:

ps aux|grep rpm

#kill all open rpm processes first

rm -fr /var/lib/rpm/__db*

rpm --rebuilddb