[WBEL-users] wbel 4

Daniel J. Summers daniel at djs-consulting.com
Sat Mar 19 19:12:14 CST 2005

Dean F Owensby wrote:

>ok. so sue me.

All right - how much have you got?  ;)

>i havent been paying a lot of attention here lately, but is john planning to continue a legacy maintenance on wbel3, with no immediate plans for 4?

The latest packages from RHEL 3's Update 4 (I believe that was it -
don't quote me on the number, but it's the most recent one) were
released, and a new set of images was generated for WBEL 3 (Respin 2).
John is working on a WBEL 4, but WBEL 3 takes precedence, as it's what
the servers are *actually* running.  Your and his priorities seem to be
in line.  :)

> i downloaded rhel4 free eval iso, and right away met with issues i associated with fedora core 3 devel stuff. open links, deps, and deprecated/missing libs etc. centos4 is just as bad. this is mostly with 3rd party stuff, but all worked happily under 3 (media, apps, etc). unless i've been living in a cave, this is not an exception.
>i'm slanted towards wbel3. just wonderin'.

What types of stuff are you having trouble with?  I've heard talk that
FC3 is *the* distro for MythTV (which, from what I can gather, is a
TiVO-type application).  I was thinking about trying 4 when it came
around - so, what are finding that "doesn't work"?

--
*Daniel J. Summers*
E-mail - 	daniel at djs-consulting.com <mailto:daniel at djs-consulting.com>

GEEKCODE 3.12 GCS/IT d s-:+ a C++ L++ E--- W++ N++ o? K- w !O M--
V PS+ PE++ Y? !PGP t+ 5? X+ R* tv b+ DI++ D+ G- e h---- r+++ y++++