[WBEL-users] upgrade from respin 1 to respin 2

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Wed May 11 15:10:58 CDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 09:32, israel.garcia at cimex.com.cu wrote:
> Hi, I've just got my 3 CDs of WhiteBox Linux 3.0 respin2, and I want to
> upgrade my old WB respin 1.

No real need.  There are only two types of changes between 3.0 and any
of the respins.  Regular errata, which up2date/yum will catch in the
normal runs and installer changes.  The installer changes are typically
to add new hardware support that you obviously didn't need to get your
system installed.  So just run up2date and save your uptime numbers :)

> 2. When I booted my server with CD 1 (respin 2) I couldn't see  any
> option to upgrade my system?

Known issue.  Darned if I can figure out how to make 3.0's anaconda do
an upgrade without issuing the upgradeany boot option.  On the other
hand, release 4 seems to be free of this one and does upgrades
correctly.  But RH doesn't officially recommend upgrading from 3.x to 4
so go figure.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!