[WBEL-users] WBEL 3.0r2, DVD, Bittorrent

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Wed May 18 08:20:58 CDT 2005

On 5/17/05, John Morris <jmorris at beau.org> wrote:
> I'm probably the wrong one to ask with my problems running BT in the
> past, but for the release of 4 the first seed was on my home machine
> NATed behind a Linksys router/ap with port forwarding turned on.  That
> left a lot more available bandwidth for the mirrors to use and it all
> seemed to work pretty good this time, so maybe I finally have everything
> twiddled just so.

Ok - I just opened up my ports as specified in
http://btfaq.com/serve/cache/25.html and that seems to make everything
work just peachy keen.

I should be able to leave my connection up for a while.  I see x86_64
doesn't have many seeds while i386 has 4.  Any other takers to help
out?

I can very happily say that I've uploaded 200+GB of RHRebuilds in the
past year via bittorrent :)

Greg