[WBEL-users] Updating to WBEL4 ?

Brian Ipsen bipsen-sender-9b91d2 at andebakken.dk
Thu May 19 13:48:24 CDT 2005

Hi,

> > > All I can say is, we have done this and it was OK, but its not
> > > recommended by RedHat. Still if it doesn't work, you are
> > > no worse off!
> > >
> > > :)
> >
> > You will probably have to use the "upgradeany" option to
> > get anaconda  to let you see the option to do an upgrade.
>
> And forget about it totally if you're using non-WBEL RPM's on
> your box...
> I ran a custom built KDE + supporting libs and some driver
> RPM's and the config of that box got totally hosed during
> upgrade. So unless you bring the box back in a totally clean
> condition (use yum's 'list' option to find all the non-WBEL
> RPM's) you'll most likely run into issues.

Okay - sounds like a re-install... :-/ I'm using own-built RPM's for
qmail-toaster, nagios/plugins (from Milan Kerslager's yum repository) - and
some others....

The current issue is, taht I need the expect rpm package in a version 5.40
or newer - which doesn't exist for WBEL3 ... I guess I'll have to install a
complete WBEL3 box, and then recompile the SRPM from WBEL4 in order to get
this version (since the current box isn't installed with a lot of the
development tools required for rebuilding this package)...

Hmm.. I though that upgrading would only be a minor issue, but aparently not
:-S

Regards,

/Brian