[WBEL-users] WBEL4 Install Not Recognizing RAID

Daniel J. Summers daniel at djs-consulting.com
Wed May 25 21:01:08 CDT 2005

Good evening.

At work, I have a server on which I've been running 3 for a while.  Due
to network paperwork and all that jazz, I don't really have anything I
care about on it, so I decided I would install 4 in the interim so that,
once that other [bs] is done, it would be ready to go.  However, after
Anaconda starts up, and loads a few drivers (megaraid and aic97xxx, I
believe), it tells me that it can't detect my drives, and that I'll need
to pick my own driver so it'll know what to use.  I've tried picking the
ones in the list, and also selecting others from the "other list" from
the same manufacturer (Adaptec and American Megatrends).  However, each
time, once I get to the screen that asks whether I want to partition the
disks myself or let the system do it, it tells me that I don't have any
suitable devices on the server.

I can still boot the existing 3 installation, so I know it's not
inopportune hardware failure.  I also had to leave work in a hurry
today, before writing down the details of the server in question.  It's
a Dell PowerEdge (I forget the exact number - maybe 3430?  It has dual
P2-350s), and has a MegaRAID controller with an Adaptec SCSI BIOS.  Is
there a configuration file (something in /proc, maybe) that would give
me (or you) a better idea of why the 4 install can't see the disks?

Thanks...  :)

--
*Daniel J. Summers*
E-mail - 	daniel at djs-consulting.com <mailto:daniel at djs-consulting.com>

GEEKCODE 3.12 GCS/IT d s-:+ a C++ L++ E--- W++ N++ o? K- w !O M--
V PS+ PE++ Y? !PGP t+ 5? X+ R* tv b+ DI++ D+ G- e h---- r+++ y++++