[WBEL-users] How does this AMD64 lark work, then?

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Fri Nov 4 12:40:02 CST 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 03:56, Vic wrote:

> I need to run some apps (OpenOffice, primarily) that don't seem to want to
> play (ooffice complains about not being able to use libgnomevfs-2), Now
> I've read various bits and pieces about 32-bit chroots and the like - but
> I'm a little hard-of-thinking this week :-(

I think you only need three i386 packages from the i386 build, at least
that was all I had to manually install to get OOo running.  They were
left out by mistake since they weren't listed as needed for i386
compatibility in the comps.xml from the final RHEL4 beta.  Hope to get
this one officially squished in the next couple of days.  See the more
general post which is coming in a few minutes for more info.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!