[WBEL-users] Re: Yum missing packages for WBEL4?

Jerry Amundson jerry at pbs.com
Wed Nov 23 09:27:55 CST 2005

On Wed November 23 2005 01:17, Eric B. wrote:
> I am able to install some things via yum without problems.  Ex, I
> installed emacs, X Win server, etc.  However, I am still running into
> problems with Gnome desktop.  I tried installing it this time using
> the groupinstall option:
> ie: yum groupinstall "GNOME Desktop Environment"
>
> This time I am still getting dependency problems:
> Error: Missing Dependency: libgdk_imlib.so.1 is needed by package
> gtk-engines
>
> After a little searching, I found that the libgdk_imlib.so.1 is
> provided by the imlib.  A manual yum install imlib finds the library
> and installs it. However, trying the yum groupinstall GNOME Desktop
> Environment still fails with the same error message.
>
> A quick perusal of the system finds libgdk_imlib.so.1 in /usr/lib64.
> I've tried an rpm --rebuilddb to ensure that the db was properly
> populated, but that has proven fruitless as well.

Try...

yum clean all
# Optionally: rm -rf /var/cache/yum/* to really, squeaky "clean"
yum update
yum groupinstall "GNOME Desktop Environment"

> How do I show yum that thess files are actually on my system?  Is the
> i386_x64 install going to constantly be giving me these issues?  Also
> wondering why yum didn't discover and download the imlib dependency
> itself...

*You* shouldn't need to show yum anything. RPM handles all that
dependency/providing stuff.

Comparing the Redhat package..
[root at stpftp ~]# rpm -q --provides --nosignature -p imlib-1.9.13-23.x86_64.rpm
config(imlib) = 1:1.9.13-23
libImlib.so.11()(64bit)
libgdk_imlib.so.1()(64bit)
libimlib-bmp.so()(64bit)
libimlib-gif.so()(64bit)
libimlib-jpeg.so()(64bit)
libimlib-png.so()(64bit)
libimlib-ppm.so()(64bit)
libimlib-ps.so()(64bit)
libimlib-tiff.so()(64bit)
libimlib-xpm.so()(64bit)
imlib = 1:1.9.13-23

.. to the Whitebox...
[root at stpftp ~]# rpm -q --nosignature --provides -p /home/stpftp/public/TECHservices/tmp/imlib-1.9.13-23.x86_64.rpm
config(imlib) = 1:1.9.13-23
libImlib.so.11()(64bit)
libgdk_imlib.so.1()(64bit)
libimlib-bmp.so()(64bit)
libimlib-gif.so()(64bit)
libimlib-jpeg.so()(64bit)
libimlib-png.so()(64bit)
libimlib-ppm.so()(64bit)
libimlib-ps.so()(64bit)
libimlib-tiff.so()(64bit)
libimlib-xpm.so()(64bit)
imlib = 1:1.9.13-23

... looks perfect, so updating/installing to your machine *should*
be fine.

jerry