[WBEL-users] Re: Yum missing packages for WBEL4?

Eric B. ebenze at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 23 01:17:27 CST 2005

Thanks for the insight.  I forgot to include the fact that I had renamed the
wbelmirrors.yum file to wbelmirrors.repo file.
I also tried to update my wbelmirrors.repo file with the one that Jerry
attached.

I am able to install some things via yum without problems.  Ex, I installed
emacs, X Win server, etc.  However, I am still running into problems with
Gnome desktop.  I tried installing it this time using the groupinstall
option:
ie: yum groupinstall "GNOME Desktop Environment"

This time I am still getting dependency problems:
Error: Missing Dependency: libgdk_imlib.so.1 is needed by package
gtk-engines

After a little searching, I found that the libgdk_imlib.so.1 is provided by
the imlib.  A manual yum install imlib finds the library and installs it.
However, trying the yum groupinstall GNOME Desktop Environment still fails
with the same error message.

A quick perusal of the system finds libgdk_imlib.so.1 in /usr/lib64.  I've
tried an rpm --rebuilddb to ensure that the db was properly populated, but
that has proven fruitless as well.

If I try yum install gnome-desktop, I get the same set of missing
dependencies as earlier.
Error: Missing Dependency: libbonobo-activation.so.4 is needed by package
gnome-desktop
Error: Missing Dependency: libbonoboui-2.so.0 is needed by package
gnome-desktop
Error: Missing Dependency: libbonobo-2.so.0 is needed by package
gnome-desktop
Error: Missing Dependency: libgnomeui-2.so.0 is needed by package
gnome-desktop
Error: Missing Dependency: libgnomevfs-2.so.0 is needed by package
gnome-desktop
Error: Missing Dependency: libgnome-2.so.0 is needed by package
gnome-desktop

However, these files are all in /usr/lib64 as well.

How do I show yum that thess files are actually on my system?  Is the
i386_x64 install going to constantly be giving me these issues?  Also
wondering why yum didn't discover and download the imlib dependency
itself...

Thanks again for any help / insight!

Eric