[WBEL-users] Re: Yum missing packages for WBEL4?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Nov 23 18:21:01 CST 2005

Eric B. wrote:
>>yum clean all
>># Optionally: rm -rf /var/cache/yum/* to really, squeaky "clean"
>>yum update
>>yum groupinstall "GNOME Desktop Environment"
>
> Agreed, but apparently, something confusion is happening between RPM and
> Yum.  I tried to check what imlib provides on my system:
> [root at phoenix ~]# rpm -q --provides imlib
> config(imlib) = 1:1.9.13-23
> libImlib.so.11()(64bit)
> libgdk_imlib.so.1()(64bit)
> libimlib-bmp.so()(64bit)
> libimlib-gif.so()(64bit)
> libimlib-jpeg.so()(64bit)
> libimlib-png.so()(64bit)
> libimlib-ppm.so()(64bit)
> libimlib-ps.so()(64bit)
> libimlib-tiff.so()(64bit)
> libimlib-xpm.so()(64bit)
> imlib = 1:1.9.13-23

try doing a 'yum list imlib' it should show you a .i386 and a .x86_64
pkg. Its possible that your dependancy is for the .i386 pkg while its
the x86_64 pkg that is installed on the machine.

yum _should_ resolve deps correctly to pull in 32 bit or 64bit rpm's as
required ( insure you have an exactarch=1 in the /etc/yum.conf file ).

If you can, send me via private offlist email with the complete output
from :

yum grouplist
yum groupinfo "GNOME Desktop Environment"
yum groupinstall "GNOME Desktop Environment"

> So it is obviously there and installed, and yet, I am still getting the
> error msg:
> Error: Missing Dependency: libgdk_imlib.so.1 is needed by package
> gtk-engines

You might want to create a .rpmmacros file in the user's home directory
( and/or in /root ) with an entry like this :

%_query_all_fmt %%{name}-%%{version}-%%{release}.%%{arch}

so that all your rpm querries will then show {arch} as well as
pkgname-version-release ( and make it look like yum's output )

- K