[WBEL-users] Re: Yum missing packages for WBEL4?

Eric B. ebenze at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 25 00:16:47 CST 2005

> You might want to create a .rpmmacros file in the user's home directory
> ( and/or in /root ) with an entry like this :
>
> %_query_all_fmt %%{name}-%%{version}-%%{release}.%%{arch}
>
> so that all your rpm querries will then show {arch} as well as
> pkgname-version-release ( and make it look like yum's output )

I tried adding the .rpmmacros file as suggested, but am still no further
ahead.

In theory, I assume I can probably fix the dependency by installing the
.i386rpm, but that requires installing several other .i386 dependant
packages as well.  So I essentially end up having copies of both the .i386
and the x86_64 libs on my system.  Apart from taking twice the space, I
can't help be imagine that there will be conflicts down the road.

Is it normal to have to install both 32 & 64 bit libs?  It would seem that
in theory, one only should need the 64bit libs if they exist....

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Eric