[WBEL-users] Mailing list removal

Jamey Fletcher jamey at beau.org
Thu Sep 1 10:47:31 CDT 2005

Vic wrote:

>>the IP of beau.org should be 204.196.62.12. You can add an entry of
>>204.196.62.12 beau.org

> Errr - are you sure about that? 204.196.62.12 doesn't have am mailserver
> running, and it's not the IP address returned by fenris.beau.org. or
> topdog1.beau.org.

> The IP you want (I believe) is 199.80.85.113. It's the 204.196.62.12
> address that is causing all the problems.

John & Vicki are probably busy for now, but I can speak with some
authority - note the @ part of my address...

The IP range the Library is currently using is the 199.80.85.x/24 Class
C block. (I know, kinda redundant in that specification)  Any server
returning 204.196.62.x for us *IS* a problem.  If you can trace it down
to an exact server, and can get ahold of them - ask them to dump their
cache and restart, because who knows *HOW* many other bad addresses they
have.

fenris & topdog1 are the primary name servers for our domains, odin is
the actual machine that should be the MX if I'm not mistaken.

Life is fun around here right now - over 3% of the parish's population
is evacuees, around a thousand people, and the number is expected to get
quite a bit higher.