[WBEL-users] [WORKAROUND] (Java too) DB4 updates break MANY applications

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Sat Sep 3 12:35:43 CDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 00:53, John Morris wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-08-13 at 11:21, Edward Rudd wrote:
[snip]

> Ah!  Darned if I know how or why, but glibc is the i386 version and not
> the i686 one, thus no /lib/tls.  Which would of course explain much.  Ok
> now that I know what is wrong I'll get cracking on fixing this mess.

I've found a nice workaround to force db4 to compile correctly, as it
*sometimes* will build correctly on my build system and sometimes not.
when I trigger the automated system through dar it fails, but when I got
into the build environment and run configure myself it works fine. very
odd.

Modifying the spec file to add --with-mutiex=POSIX/pthreads/library to
the %configure invocation forces db4 to assume the correct environment
configuration.

The issue seems to be that if fails to find and link with the pthreads
library during the configure process around line 17031 in the
./configure script under some circumstances that I  have not yet pin
pointed.
--
Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>
Website http://www.outoforder.cc/