[WBEL-users] Keyboard repeat problems with HP

Mike B. Saber at omniphile.com
Wed Aug 9 22:57:23 CDT 2006

At 8/7/2006 12:33 PM, jesse wrote:
>I am having problems when I enable the "key presses repeat when key is held
>down" feature.  I have tried different keyboards both USB and PS/2, but the
>same problem happens.  It also happens when using VNC so it must be a
>problem with GNOME?
>
>Any help is appreciated!

You'll probably get more help if you put a little more thought into the
question.  Most won't spend time trying to guess at what the heck you are
talking about...they'll just hit delete and move on to someone who doesn't
think everyone is a mind reader.

All I can tell from your question is that you think you have a problem that
seems to involve your keyboard and setting something to turn repeat keys
on, it isn't specific to a single keyboard, and you are probably running
GNOME.  As a puzzler contest idea, it might fly.  As a request for
technical help, it lacks a certain specificity...

Clues:

o What sort of "problems" are you having?  Demons coming out of the speaker
and terrorizing your cat?  Flaming sulfur raining down from the
ceiling?  It just keeps typing "vi vi vi" over and over?  The heartbreak of
psoriasis?  What, exactly?

o What are you doing when the "problem" occurs?  Booting?  Sitting
idle?  Typing normally?  Holding down a key?  If so, which one?  Does it
happen with others, or just that one?  What happens if you hold down all
the keys at once?

o Is there anything unusual about your setup?  Like you manually built
parts of it after the installation?  There is currently a flood in your
computer room?  Your home EMP test rig is being used as a computer
table?  Anything at all?  Or is this just "as installed", and everything
was fine until you changed that one setting?

Sorry, but I've seen one too many "it isn't working...why not?" questions
that lack all forms of critical information lately.  Being the millionth
"customer" isn't always a good thing I guess...

-- Mike B.
--
If you run out of underwear...SLOW DOWN!!