[WBEL-users] Keyboard repeat problems with HP

Jesse Rosenzweig jesse at elementaltechnologies.com
Thu Aug 10 00:41:20 CDT 2006

Hmmm.  Fairly hostile response, but I see your point... So, more
specifically,

I installed whitebox linux ( release 4 respin 1 ) on a new HP (AMD - 2GHz)
machine.  I pretty much used all the defaults for the install and everything
works great, except when I try to type in any application (a terminal is the
easiest to see it in), I will intermittenly get a spewing of very fast key
repeates, so if I try to type 'ls' for example I will get
llllllllsssssssss.  I have had to disable the "key presses repeat when key
is help down" feature in the system settings of GNOME to work around this
problem.  I have tried different keyboards and different keyboard
connections (USB and PS/2), but always the same problem.  Adjusting the
delay and repeat speed doesn't seem to change the erronious behavior.
Because this same thing happens with VNC, I don't believe it could be a
driver problem, but I'm not familiar with the inner workings of the keyboard
driver and interface into the OS.  Does that help?  Any ideas?